The 16th Century
In England, golf is becoming more well-liked as supported King Charles I of the sport. Over the years, golf distributed in the 16 Century throughout the UK. The first written mention of Civil golfers place in 1527, a certain Sir Robert Maule said to have played on the Barry Links, close to the modern Carnoustie. The first reference to golf in St Andrews is from 1552, the following year a decree take on by the Archbishop of the local population, the game allowed on the links. As a result, Maria Stuart leads a sport in France. Of it is also from 1567 reported that immediately after the murder of her husband plays golf, for which she is widely criticized.
The 17th Century
The first golf club is documented in 1603, when William Mayne was appointed by King James VI to the "Royal Club Maker. The "Feat Herie", a leather ball filled with feathers comes into play in 1618. The first mention of golf in America is a prohibition of the game in the streets of Albany, New York, from 1659. The first international match takes place in Leith in 1682, when Scotland (represented by the Duke of York and George Patterson) defeated an unnamed English duo. In this context, the first Caddie is known, an Andrew Dickson was the racket of the Duke of York.
The 18th Century
Was recognized in 1735 with the Royal Burgess Golf Society's first golf club. The first export of golf clubs in America has been handed down in 1743. Are based in Leith 1744 Gentlemen Golfers of Leith, which also bring out the first formal rules of golf. Later they become the still existing Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers. As the oldest golf club, which existed continuously on the same site that was recognized in 1754 St. Andrews Society of Golfers is, later renamed the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews. The stroke play is mentioned in 1759 in St Andrews for the first time, before there was only the shape of the hole match play. Royal Blackheath, close to London, is 1766 the first golf club outside Scotland and in 1768 opened the first club house in Leith.